Quality Tourism, our commitment for the Boulogne Cote d'Opale Tourist Office
Definition of the Brand
The Qualité Tourisme™ (Quality Tourism) Brand, filed by the Ministry of Tourism, is a guarantee for tourists and a sign of reassurance.
For Boulogne Côte d'Opale, it is the culmination of a quality approach implemented since 2019 with, as its first step, the introduction of its Reception and Information Development Scheme, to best meet the requirements of visitors, service providers and elected officials while respecting the national commitments of the brand, delivered by ADN Tourisme (DNA Tourism) for a period of five years.
The quality policy of the Boulogne Côte d'Opale Office is to continuously improve the reception, information and satisfaction of visitors, service providers and officials, as well as the management of the organisation.
Quality policy 2020/2024:
"As director of the organisation, I am committed to:
- ensure an efficient and effective welcome for visitors, taking a personalised approach, and help visitors, wherever they are, to easily access reliable tourist information that’s accessible to everyone;
- take into account visitor feedback, synthesise and use it to implement lasting corrective actions;
- offer our visitors a renewed range of services;
- develop local know-how and products primarily through our shop and communication;
- support our partners for training in providing visitor advice to turn them into a genuine source of tourist information.
- increase work efficiency by making quality a shared value among all team members and deploy the necessary means and sustain the management system through quality;
- ensure the regular upskilling of the entire team by allocating to each employee a credit of training hours in their work schedule, including regular visits to the destination’s tourist partners; and by providing training related to the specific nature of their work;
- allow employees to get involved in collective decisions by setting up working groups;
- deploy new, modern, innovative digital tools that help the team anticipate new ways of organising and working;
- develop the practice of working in "project" mode and involve teams from all areas to achieve more efficient ways of working.
- maintain a close link with all the region’s tourism sectors by introducing permanent consultation through, in particular, OTBCO Club Pros (destination Quality group);
- help tourism providers adapt their offer to market needs and customer behaviour to provide a qualitative service offer before, during and after the customer's stay;
develop an annual action plan to promote the destination, for the attention of qualified priority targets, by promoting partnerships and pooling resources with all local stakeholders, both public and private.
- implement the tourism strategy of the destination in accordance with the ambitions of the Community of the Agglomeration of Boulogne (CAB), a supervisory authority;
- reduce the operating burden of the Tourist Office on public finances by helping to increase the number of overnights in paid accommodation and revenue from the tourist tax, and improve self-financing through the entrepreneurial management of the Tourist Office, in particular by increasing group sales and developing our shops;
- develop strong interactions between the teams of the Boulogne Côte d'Opale Tourist Office and the municipal and community representatives of Boulogne Côte d'Opale, in particular by actively participating in the district commission.
Institutional or private partners
- work closely with the Regional Tourism and Congress Committee of Hauts-de-France, the Regional Platform of the Hauts-de-France Tourist Offices (POT) and the Tourist Development and Booking Agency (ADRT) of Pas-de-Calais;
- strengthen the position of the Tourist Office and increase its influence through the development of innovative actions."